Mindtree Managed Test Function (MTF) is a highly eﬀective testing solution that delivers an end-to end, seamless banking experience. Rather than deﬁning quality merely by industry standards, MTF goes a step further and sees quality as, “value, as perceived by the customer”. To us, standards compliance is a given. However, we believe that there can be no ‘one size ﬁts all’ deﬁnition of quality. Based on their needs and expectations, customers have varying views of quality during each individual engagement like value from time-lines, cost eﬀectiveness, performance, service or other parameters. MTF is one such model that oﬀers this solution.
The customer is a leading U.S. bank that oﬀers commercial and private banking services to emerging / mature enterprises in technology, life science, private equity and premium wine industries. Mindtree partnered with the customer to address the speciﬁc challenges of enhancing of testing activities management, knowledge management and retaining various applications. Mindtree has been a one stop testing center for this customer for over 6 years, of which were engaged in the MTF model for 3.5 years.
The customer needed to improve their time-to-market and cost-eﬀectiveness. They engaged an independent testing enterprise to achieve the following objectives:
- Reduce QA cost and increase proﬁts by outsourcing the work to highly capable testing partners
- Domain and testing expertise with CoE
- Expertise in specialized testing, test automation, performance and mobile testing services
Mindtree proposed a managed services model to support the customer’s end goals. With the customer's concurrence, we transitioned from a resource supply model based predominantly on staﬀ augmentation, to one that includes managed services.
- Conducted a disciplined knowledge and planning phase for a successful transition
- Led a multistage transition and governance phase where Mindtree progressively took on greater responsibility, eventually assuming management control over an entirely oﬀshored function
- Deﬁned, normalized the unit of work model with a core and ﬂexible, team concept
- Put in place a robust governance mechanism with clearly deﬁned communication, escalation and management paths
- Conducted end-to-end testing services covering functional, regression automation and specialized testing services
- Launched knowledge management and learning initiatives to retain knowledge within the team
- Managed test function bringing independent validation of quality
- Established a service delivery mechanism deﬁned on seventeen Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for optimum queue management and service excellence
- Established a capacity planning and service request fulﬁllment workﬂow
- Took a systematic approach to manage compliance to banking regulation
- Facilitated leadership exchange for strategic thinking
- Focused on banking domain certiﬁcation, KMAP-driven knowledge management and leadership trainings
- Mindtree delivered an overall 27% cost savings using the Managed Test Function (MTF) model
- Continuous improvement in test maturity, delivering 36% faster time to market year on year
- Oﬀshore leverage increased from 55% to 85% within 3 years
- Over USD 50,000 cost savings and 2000+ QA hours saved by automation