Mindtree enabled a leading UK-based hospitality vendor to improve their web content management and enhance their service.
With enterprises providing importance to their digital transformation in the past few decades, the customer, a UK-based hospitality vendor, did not want to continue with the existing web content management platform on OpenCMS (Content Management System). This was not meeting the emerging digital experience. The business objectives of the customer included:
- Increasing customer stickiness by enhancing the web experience of site visitors.
- Achieving a target of ten million+ page views a month through enhanced web experience, navigation and customer engagement ecosystem.
- Increasing the year-on-year traﬃc and online revenue from their current value.
The customer partnered with Gartner to arrive at a possible solution to their needs. The output of the study was to use Adobe CQ5 for the implementation of the new WCMS.
Mindtree helped the leading hospitality vendor make an informed choice about the solution and implement the same. We partnered with them to:
- Redesign the website for an enhanced customer user experience.
- Develop a next generation platform based on Adobe CQ5, which hosts eight web channel sites and one mobile channel site.
- Migrate 11,000+ pages from OpenCMS 6.2 to Adobe CQ5 in new branding and templates.
- Create an SOA based architecture for external integrations. This includes GDS, payment gateway and other ancillary services such as ﬂight tracker, local weather and London Stock Exchange.
- Ensure SEO / SEM compliance.
- Maintain Web Accessibility (WCAG 2.0) compliance.
- Manage services when hosting service and program management for other vendors. These include translating, SEO and creating design.
We did a feasibility and technology ﬁtment assessment on the capabilities of Adobe CQ5 and other leading enterprise content management platforms. Adobe CQ5 was chosen because it is a h2er and richer user experience content management system. It includes:
- Web Content Management (WCM)
- Digital Asset Management (DAM)
- Social collaboration
- Multichannel, personalization, targeting and optimization
- Content repository
We engaged the customer in a managed services model. This was for application development & testing, hosting services and PMO for the entire program management. The engagement was done in three phases and included the following:
- User experience design of the site
- Content migration
- Roll out in diﬀerent languages including Chinese and Arabic
- Developing a corporate and internet booking engine
- Reduced the total cost of ownership by moving from data center to HSP model.
- Enhanced visitor stickiness and conversions. Due to enhanced appearance the content authors controlled customer engagement tools such as pools, surveys, forms and social integrations.
- Ensured complete oﬀshore based delivery and management of customer stakeholders across the globe (from US to NZ).
- Improved and increased customer eﬃciency through instant content publishing.
- Upgraded authoring capability for content and promotions.