Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) enterprises are facing tremendous challenges fulﬁlling the rapidly evolving demands of consumers. Distributed manufacturing, warehousing and retail facilities are making collaboration even more complex. The sales force need to take products to retailers, keep track of orders, inventory, transactions, audit, availability and visibility of products at the store. Manual record-keeping and reporting processes threaten productivity of the sales force, as they spend more time in recording and reporting numbers, rather than understanding demand and working on relationships.
Here’s how Mindtree helped a multi-billion dollar CPG conglomerate strategize and implement enterprise-wide mobility solutions.
Several businesses of the customer’s organization needed a mobility solution for their day-to-day operations. They needed a technology partner with expertise in enterprise mobility who could study their business needs, deﬁne the right strategy and technology foundation to build business-friendly and cost-effective mobility solutions.
Key customer priorities included:
- Extend and adopt mobility to all business units. Collect business requirements of all units and identify and prioritize the right mobility solutions
- Integrate the mobile technology platform and architecture and provide seamless data and process integration with the backend systems (SAP)
- Deﬁne the mobile application development and deploy best practices to ensure ongoing initiatives that comply with the organization’s privacy, accessibility and security policies
The customer chose Mindtree as their strategic partner to deliver business transformation services and mobility solutions. We did the following:
- Studied the business operations of various units and their business requirements
- Identiﬁed processes that were suitable for a mobile enterprise user
- Collaborated with the customer’s IT team to deﬁne the enterprise architecture
- Deﬁned the technologies and mobile application platform required to implement the mobility solutions
- Designed the mobile application development guidelines, including user experience and application testing to be adopted across the organization
- Prioritized the list of potential mobility applications and developed templates for documentation of functional speciﬁcations, technical solution design and integration
- Improved productivity through convenient, seamless and secure access to data through mobile channels
- Enabled business managers to respond real time to changing business dynamics
- Lowered time-to-market through accelerated development
- Enabled rapid solution scaling across the enterprise