Large Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) enterprises spend up to 50% of their sales and marketing budget on trade promotions. It is critical for them to track trade funds and manage promotions effectively, to improve top line and build a strong brand affinity.
Here’s how Mindtree implemented a dynamic Trade Promotions Management (TPM) solution, for a Fortune 500 CPG enterprise in countries across Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America and Africa.
The customer faced the following challenges:
- Lack of transparency and visibility on trade spends
- Lack of monitoring promotions performance
- Overlapping of promotions at global and local levels, leading to inefficient promotions
- Lack of standardization and process harmonization, due to varied processes across multiple countries
- Manual approval system leading to inefficient planning process
- Cannibalization of brand, as the customer was not aware of which promotions worked and which did not. In addition, the customer needed to address the complex channel structure and the varying nature of trade promotions across different markets (distributed trade, modern trade and hybrid)
Mindtree collaborated with the customer’s business groups to conceptualize and deﬁne a trade promotion solution blueprint. The solution was built on SOA architecture ensuring seamless integration with multiple legacy systems.
The solution streamlined planning and execution of trade promotions, providing strategic control on trade funds. This delivered a single view of all promotions and helped the customer appropriately allocate funds.
The key features of the solution include:
- Promotion and scenario planning
- Integrated online approval workﬂows enabling quick consensus of various teams
- Integration to various ERPs (SAP / BPCS / MFG-PRO) providing seamless pricing integration
- Fund and budget management
- Static and ad-hoc reporting
- Improved efficiency in promotion planning
- Standardized global promotion planning in alignment with local needs
- Improved decision making through a uniﬁed and single view of the promotion
- Enabled 100% tracking of trade funds
- Increased ROI on promotional spend resulting in cost savings