Efficient IT infrastructure management to go beyond business as usual
Managing IT infrastructure efficiently is critical for enterprises to go beyond ‘business as usual’. Today, enterprises are demanding a robust IT infrastructure setup that delivers high performance, keeps real time eliminates avoidable expenditure.
Here’s how Mindtree collaborated with a leader in equity space and delivered operational efficiency, through efficient IT infrastructure monitoring and management.
The customer is one of the world's largest equity ﬁrms and manages around USD 148 billion of assets. They wanted to enhance the performance of their IT infrastructure, minimize outages and have a meaningful reporting system. There was a growing business dependency on infrastructure and applications. Rising operational costs and a lack of alignment with business objectives were added concerns.
The key challenges the customer faced included:
- Operational processes and multiple ticketing systems were not streamlined
- Enterprise infrastructure monitoring and incident management was done manually
- Compiling the inventory list for infrastructure and managed objects was challenging
- No dedicated team for managing infrastructure globally
- Lack of historical and statistical data
Mindtree helped the customer transition from the incumbent vendor, besides assessing the current state of infrastructure and delivery processes. We then set up an ITIL based service delivery for 24/7 systems monitoring and management of the end to end infrastructure availability.
Mindtree delivered the following:
- Integrated platform for monitoring, ticketing, service requests, change and conﬁguration management
- Detailed documentation of run books and procedure manuals, scope of work, monitoring conﬁgurations, contacts matrix, dependencies, deliverables, routine checks, architecture, escalation process and standard procedures
- Structured governance model (quarterly reviews with executive sponsors and monthly, weekly, daily service / operational reviews)
- Performance and capacity / utilization including performance monitoring and trending
- Stringent service levels with reward and penalty model and detailed metrics reporting
- Comprehensive service level based services and 100% service delivery from two offshore locations
- Value added services included
- Managing customer’s partners
- Data masking implementation
- Development and testing of their cloud solution
- Contribution to VM deployments on production environment (Cisco UCS)
- Improved operational efficiency and increased availability and stability of infrastructure
- Consistency and control in IT inventory and change management
- Signiﬁcant cost reduction in infrastructure management due to process efficiencies, reusable frameworks and automation
- High availability of critical services to the customer’s business teams through 24/7 delivery and stringent SLAs
“Mindtree is the only company I have seen who does the right thing and not what is convenient. Even in terms of SLA, Mindtree’s focus is on customer satisfaction and not just meeting SLA.MindTree always looks for room for improvement” – CIO