Governance of distributed agile projects: 5 steps to ensure early success
Here are the five steps to ensure early success in the governance of distributed Agile projects.
- Identify Key Roles & Team Structures
- Establish Shared Vision & Facilitate Contextual Norming
- Define and Agree on Success Parameters
- Conduct Reviews and Track Action Items
- Understand and Welcome Iteration Progression
Lack of focus on ensuring early success can lead to severe issues, misunderstandings and lack of confidence in the project delivery model, whereas consistent focus on ensuring early success in distributed Agile projects introduces positive reinforcement in project teams, motivates team members and boosts performance. Also this lays the foundation for successful governance throughout the engagement.