How India’s largest coffee chain leveraged video training to deliver better field service
Lack of product expertise among field engineers to fix difficult maintenance problems
Shotclasses enabled the sharing of bite-sized videos on specific maintenance issues and steps to resolve them
A leading coffee machine manufacturing company was looking to train field service engineers spread across 40 location. However, given fewer training centers enabling frequent classroom training and refresher course was a challenge. Mindtree helped the client train field service engineers with bite-sized videos that could be accessed easily while resolving on-field machine issues. This helped in faster issue resolution and enhanced customer service levels.
As the field engineers lacked necessary expertise they relied on managers to resolve machine related issues at client’s location. This reduced managers’ productivity and resulted in increased closure time. The client was therefore looking to train field service engineers in necessary expertise. However, with just a few training centers and engineers spread across 40 locations, frequent classroom training and refresher courses was a challenge.
Mindtree helped the client identify coffee machine issues that were difficult for field engineers to resolve. As a part of the solution we helped the client:
- Create bite-sized videos to address specific machine related scenarios and shared them on Shotclasses
- Provided troubleshoot video access to field engineers whenever they faced issues on the field
- Enabled faster and better training by assigning relevant videos on the platform to new recruits and those needing refresher courses
Mindtree’s bite-sized video solution enabled the client to
- Improve service levels with more than 90% of field engineers using Shotclasses to access standard operating procedures for maintaining coffee vending machines
- Impart better customer and reduce resolution time
- Reduce closure time and re-open rate of tickets raised for maintenance issues
- Reduce in overall training cost and operational overheads
About the Client
The client is a largest coffee chain in India, offering coffee vending machines to multiple offices across the country. It employs more than 1000 field engineers to maintain these machines post sales.