How one of the world’s largest CPG brands gamifies learning for its brand managers
Train over 2000 brand managers on best practices of branding and marketing communication
Shotclasses provided a gamified, rewards based learning approach to train brand managers across brands and geographies
Consistent and improved brand communication across all marketing channels
Conventional training methods such as workshops and in-person sessions were proving ineffective in training and engaging the client’s vast brand manager community. Mindtree’s Shotclasses – an end-to-end microlearning platform - enabled the client to train and engage over 2000 brand managers. The platform leveraged a gamified and rewards-based approach towards learning to develop the creative judgement of brand managers, enabling them to effectively grow and nurture their brands.
Traditional training methods such as workshops and classroom sessions were not only proving to be ineffective in capturing the interest of the client’s vast brand manager community but also incapable of matching the rapid clip of modern business. The client was facing challenges in ensuring training uptake and learner engagement as its brand managers perceived training as an added burden, rather than a business enabler. Moreover, the client found it challenging and expensive to conduct custom engagement programs for brand managers across different geographies.
Mindtree’s end-to-end microlearning platform Shotclasses, enabled the client to seamlessly share essential information on how to develop brands along with the latest market trends and industry best practices - with its brand managers. The highlights of the solution included:
- Brand managers could access the content on the go - anywhere, anytime, and on any device of their preference.
- The client was also able to customize the content to meet the demands of brand managers in different geographies and even create live competitions to infuse some healthy competition.
- The platform’s avatar-based learning levels, image and poll based assessments, and incentives for attaining different milestones along the learning path, kept the learners engaged and motivated.
Mindtree’s Shotclasses solution helped upskill the client’s brand managers by delivering relevant information at the point and time of need. The client realized the multifaceted benefits of leveraging microlearning-based training including:
- Superior sales conversion due to improved brand communication by brand managers who used Shotclasses to undergo training.
- Highly engaged brand manager community, leading to the development of targeted brand campaigns that were designed to outperform competition.
About the Client
One of the world’s largest CPG firms offering over 65 brands, led by more than 2000 brand managers.