Implementing a comprehensive digital content management solution
The customer, a leading fast moving consumer goods retailer, wanted to improve their oral care website to address the needs of their professional consumers. Mindtree enabled them to provide end-to-end implementation of their website on a content management platform.
The customer required an effective way of managing their website content to enhance the experience of professional visitors. They banked on personalization to achieve information availability, which was their primary business driver. However, the information available on the site was not easy to maintain and update. It was also necessary to make it search engine friendly.
The main challenge included migration of:
- Data present for 8,38,404 users in the customer’s database, including around 1,50,000 new users.
- Around 10,000 pages of content, with categorization and personalization of information available for 8,30,000+ users, password reconciliation and security guidelines implementation.
Mindtree’s team of BAs and technical architects addressed the following business opportunities in the new implementation:
- Lack of an effective means of search engine optimization
- Scalability in terms of rolling out newer sites
- Lack of content archival mechanisms
- Lack of permission based usability frameworks
We developed a prototype to showcase the functional advantages of the .NET framework and SQL server, interwoven with the Teamsite CMS. A custom solution framework was developed to enable the customer to easily roll out new sites on Teamsite. At the end of every phase of the project, we were involved with the user acceptance testing. This was to help spot and rectify any changes or new features that needed to be added to the current functioning of the site.
Currently, we are involved in rolling out more sites to the customer across the various business units.
Our recommendations include:
Search engine optimization
- Implement structured / friendly urls to improve page ranking in Search Optimization
- Meta data / keyword optimization to improve the SEO of the customer site
- Content architecture of the DB to be designed as a globalized template
- Entire DB design to be driven by locale
- Performance tuning to achieve increased page speed
- Include a date constraint on the products available
- Run all the locales on a single instance rather than multiple instances
- Reduction in the total time to market for a new website by means of the custom solution framework.
- Faster data retrieval and update due to the maintenance of resources on a centralized server.
- Increased ease of rolling out global / local educational / professional content.
- Personalization of the various business users improving better hit rate and improved user experience.
- Increased average time spent on the website.
- Consistent user experience across the globalized sites.