Improved consumer access on mobile platforms for an mCommerce enterprise
Internet access through mobile phones is growing exponentially. Convenience is making consumers shift to mobile commerce. The ability to engage with consumers in their purchase decision, based on their location, preference and spare time is a powerful driver behind the rise of mCommerce solutions.
Here’s how Mindtree partnered with a leading mCommerce services provider, to deliver a complete platform with applications on Blackberry, iPhone, Android and Windows Mobile environments.
The customer needed a technology partner to provide end-to-end engineering services for the mCommerce platform that presented product catalogs. The platform was used for the development of a white labeled mobile web store application, to enable mCommerce transactions.
The store needed to integrate with third party services which included payment gateways and social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
Mindtree's mCommerce framework is designed to enable mobile commerce for the key business functions of a retailer. Our engineering teams developed and delivered a complete platform with applications on Blackberry, iPhone, Android and Windows Mobile environments.
Our solution included:
- Innovation for handling large-sized product catalogs and the process of updating product details into large catalogs
- Identify, create and use mobile web templates to deliver mCommerce stores quicker and at lower costs to end customers
- Templates were based on an extensive study of customer needs, product properties and customer buying behavior
- Integration with monitoring services through Nagios and Google Maps
- Ensured on time availability of products on three leading mobile platforms
- Lowered total cost of ownership through complete engineering and multi-vendor collaboration