Improved release cycle and enhanced product quality for a leading Australian financial services company
The client is one of Australia’s largest services provider of superannuation fund administration industry which services the fourth largest pension pool in the world. They provide comprehensive corporate marketing offerings across global equity markets, and their digital solutions portfolio includes front-end applications for fund information and corporate markets (share registry). They drive user engagement, administer financial ownership data and analysis, and deliver technological insights.
The client’s DevOps adoption had not reached the maturity that could be scaled along with other processes. Moreover, they had various issues that required to be addressed such as - non-integrated development and testing tools, manual-adhoc code reviews & code quality check processes. This combined with limited automation across the product lifecycle gravely affected their product quality, time-to-market, and quality of releases.
Mindtree’s engagement with the client comprised of:
- Performing value stream mapping to identify improvement areas across tools and processes.
- Executing “lifecycle integration” change enablers to improve DevOps and automation adoption.
- Single click deployment via CAPE for automated build & deployment of the CI/CD/CT pipeline.
- Integration of code quality checks for every deployment
- Integrating continuous testing, automated unit/regression/services/performance testing in DevOps pipeline
- Visualization of CI/CD/CT tools for all applications in a single meta-platform (CAPE)
- Providing real-time visibility of unified metrics from various tools and setting-up metrics driven governance
Mindtree’s CAPE offerings helped the client achieve below mentioned benefits:
- 21% improvement in release velocity by improving productivity and shortening feedback loops
- 15% reduction in defect leakage into production, driven by increase in build frequency and improved quality predictability
- 17-19% improvement in code coverage through an automated review process