Increased sales by enabling faster time to market for products while maintaining high-quality standards for world’s leading high-end Audio products manufacturer
About the client
The client is a leading brand for high-end audio products meant for personal and professional users. Its products include microphones, headphones, conference technology and telephone accessories. The company is well-known for its emphasis on quality, innovation, and excellence.
The company was challenged with a multitude of demands including faster time-to-market for new products as well as the sustenance of multiple mature products and accelerated implementation for advanced product management capabilities.
It realized that it required a highly competent product engineering partner with significant technical expertise across the product software stack with a relentless focus on quality. The client’s partners had to exhibit proficiency in these areas:
- Deep domain knowledge coupled with architecture and engineering expertise of developing high-end audio/consumer electronics products
- Sound embedded software expertise across multiple silicon platforms and third-party software stacks
- Expertise in Bluetooth technologies
- Ability to design and implement first-of-a-kind features like touch control/vocabulary control, Ambient Noise Cancellation, Companion app support for headsets
- Ability to quickly understand legacy, customer-owned IP and strategy to migrate to a new Marvell-based silicon platform
- Knowledge and experience in managing complex requirements of Unified Communications use cases
- Ability to envision and implement advanced product management as well as tech support applications
- Keep pace with niche features, complex requirements and flawless engineering management and execution needed to ensure brand promise
Mindtree’s core Engineering R&D capabilities, experience in Consumer Electronics domain, deep expertise in Bluetooth technologies, enhanced capabilities in product management application development and integrated product lifecycle offerings made it the partner of choice for the client’s rigorous expectations.
Mindtree proposed an ownership-based delivery model with a flexible resource arrangement. We set up a team of experts in Bluetooth technologies, audio domain and consumer electronics technologies in quick time.
We took responsibility for end-to-end scope spanning system architecture, algorithm development, software development, test automation, and pre-certification.
The client was looking to move to a new and advanced hardware platform as it as it simplified the application, possessed sophisticated features while also lowering costs. Mindtree played a critical role in this migration by closely collaborating with silicon and platform suppliers, ensuring all system components come together to meet product requirements. Starting with Proofs-Of-Concept, we developed and evolved various solutions to meet rigorous quality standards.
Mindtree leveraged its expertise in product testing, application development, cloud & digital technologies in implementing differentiated features for product management and enhanced customer product experience.
- Faster time-to-customer for new products and features without compromising quality
- Increased sales with multiple products launched to rave reviews and high customer appreciation
- Increased bandwidth for the customer with the sustenance of multiple mature products
- Reduced customer management overhead with feature ownership and close collaboration with silicon & platform vendors
- Enhanced product management capabilities ensured remote, bulk device configuration & upgrades, inventory management and ease of technical support
- Tangible value additions to the future by establishing centers of expertise for multiple functions including Software Architecture, Test Automation and Portals/Web technologies CoEs