ISG Provider Lens Cloud Services: A quadrant report on Public Cloud Infrastructure Managed Services
The ISG Provider Lens quadrant report on Public Cloud Infrastructure Managed Services talks about how public cloud managed services providers (MSPs) provide managed services on top of third-party public cloud IaaS platforms.
Approximately 35 percent of enterprise workloads will either be on a hybrid cloud (public plus private/on-premises) or completely migrated to public cloud environments by 2020, according to the ISG Digital Platform Survey (June 2016). Additionally, ongoing interactions with ISG clients indicate this number could reach 50 percent in select organizations within the next few years.
Some key trends that is driving the rapid adoption of public cloud are:
- Public cloud is no longer seen as commodity
- Public cloud partner ecosystem is growing
- Organizations are prioritizing agility over cost
- A scalable architecture is the gold standard
- Enterprises are embarking on the DevOps journey
- Capabilities for enterprise workloads, including SAP services, are evolving rapidly
At a broad level, the services include proactive monitoring, automation and management of the customer’s cloud environment, aiming to maximize the performance of the workloads in the cloud, reduce costs and ensure compliance and security.
Download report to know more.