Production and migration support for a leading financial services corporation
Our client, a leading US multinational financial services corporation, required 24x7 production support for users spread across five continents, eight regions, seven time zones and 22 countries. Mindtree provided complete production support and enhancement services for mission-critical credit cards system and enabled end-to-end processing to support 18 million retail and corporate credit card customers.
A leading US multinational financial services corporation
Banking and financial services
Application development and maintenance services
- The client applications consisted of 8500 jobs, 4375 programs, and 829 CICS screens which required 24x7 support coverage for users across five continents, eight regions, seven time zones and 22 countries. The inventory of the application was distributed across regions (as mentioned in the table below), making it a very complex one.
- Along with production support, Vision Plus source had to be upgraded to the latest version. The existing application’s job scheduler supported migration from ‘JOBTRAC’ to ‘Control M’. The Mainframe technical stack in this application comprised of Vision Plus, JCL, DB2, COBOL and IMS, Web interface through MQ
- More than three changes per day was resulting in 1300+ changes annually from development team, leading to increase in the complexity of the system
- Addition of new markets resulted in an increase in the post conversion of IMR counts
- High application processing volumes:
- Over two million transactions were processed each day
- Total number of accounts serviced by this application amounted to 25 million approximately
With strong technical expertise in application portfolio management, our experts successfully delivered a single view of critical information; better governance and improved process compatibility with third-party tools. We provided the following services which helped our client address business users’ concerns and resolve recurring issues with permanent fixes:
- The Service Delivery Management (SDM) team provided support for production batch issues 24x7 on batches
- Availability of the Application support team (offshore) from 8:30 am IST to 11:00 pm IST on week days. The remaining hours are covered by the onsite team.
- On weekends and on public holidays, the Application support team was available on call support.
- Handled nearly 35% increase in issues (severity level – 3 tickets) in 2011 that arose due to conversion of eight markets. On the consumer front, eight additional markets were due for conversion in 2012, which was also successfully handled.
- Successfully supported and managed the additional 10 consumer markets and one corporate since 2010, along with Vision Plus upgrade to Version 8.35 and Control M migrations.
Mindtree’s differentiated approach and solution resulted in: