Reducing cost and improving scalability through a software-defined customer experience management platform
The client, a European telecommunications and consumer electronics giant, employs more than a 100,000 people in 100 countries. In 2017, it reported an annual revenue of around $26.5 billion.
The telecom player found it challenging to scale the number of residential gateways it could deploy within a set timeframe. Setting up a dedicated internal team with the right technical expertise to service the high volume of deployments would drive up cost and service complexity. So, the client sought a professional services partner who could help deploy these solutions quickly and efficiently, while helping to scale their business.
Mindtree’s strong expertise in the telecom domain and demonstrated capabilities across customer experience management convinced the client that we were the right partner for this project.
Mindtree partnered with the client to consolidate device management and customer care activities across fixed and mobile services. We deployed a customer experience management platform in an SDE environment, which facilitates the automatic, remote detection, configuration, provisioning and management of all devices within the client’s network.
Our team provides end-to-end design, development and testing support for all products and solutions offered on the platform, including:
- Service Management Platform
- Home Device Manager
- Home Device Analytics
- Smart Engineering Console
- Customer Service Console
- Self Service Console
- Connected Device Platform
The solution includes a device management client that can remotely manage the life cycle of a device, run diagnostics, and troubleshoot issues.
Mindtree additionally supports the client with professional services around:
- customer-specific customization and enhancement
- onsite support for performance and user acceptance testing for most of the telecom’s enterprise customers in the US, UK, Qatar, India and Australia
- remote L2/L3 support to end customers
Implementing a software-defined customer experience management platform that provides end-to-end device management and customer care has allowed the telecom giant to:
- Rapidly deploy and configure devices on the network, increasing the number of deployments
- Enhance the quality of the deployment through the automatic, rules-based detection and configuration of devices
- Improve the uptime of the device through remote device management, troubleshooting and resolution
- Reduce the cost of customer care