Successful integration of reservation systems for a leading low-cost, short-haul airline
Players in the highly competitive airline industry rely on electronic reservation systems to market themselves more efficiently, increase sales, and manage customer relationships. At minimum, reservation systems must allow customers and channel partners to book ﬂights of their choice.
Here is how Mindtree helped a leading low-cost carrier effectively test reservation system applications while integrating an acquired airline.
As part of its acquisition of another airline, the customer needed a seamless and highly stable enterprise-level integration between their respective reservation systems. Speciﬁc challenges included:
- An aggressive timeline and evolving go-live dates
- Need for swift knowledge acquisition of speciﬁc applications used by both airlines, intensiﬁed by insufficient application documentation
- Managing an unstable and complex test environment
Mindtree was brought on board to work as part of the change, test and deploy team, taking responsibility for achieving program objectives within the scheduled time and budget.
Mindtree set up a dedicated testing team to provide testing services for applications that were in-scope for the integration between the two airlines. We ensured that rapid knowledge transfer took place between the customer subject matter experts and our team. Then, we developed a test catalogue to map and track the test coverage during test case design. We also implemented a risk-based testing (RBT) approach for the customer.
With RBT in place, Mindtree could focus on the most critical and risk-prone functionalities, quickly select regression test cases and reduce test cycles. The team further implemented hybrid testing to reduce the impact of defects arising at later stage of the life cycle.
Mindtree also leveraged TESG (Test Environment Solution Group), which functions as single contact point for issue resolution in a quality assurance environment rather than having multiple stakeholders and representatives for resolution.
- Supported 750 bookings per minute soon after go-live of the integrated system
- Delivered high-quality test cases for all the releases before the planned delivery dates
- Shortened time to value by delivered test cases earlier than planned