When it comes to managing data, USA's leading bank, banks on us
Banks need to ensure quality, consistency and precision of data that is fed into their mission-critical applications. This is possible only with a robust and scalable Business Intelligence (BI) solution.
Here’s how Mindtree helped a leading US bank manage their data, more eﬀectively and eﬃciently.
The bank was not able to handle enormous amount of mission-critical data every day. As a result, meeting stakeholder expectations and focusing on strategic initiatives was becoming a challenge.
Mindtree enhanced the customer’s data warehouse by building a cost-eﬀective, value based and scalable business intelligence model called BI factory. We achieved timely delivery and quality by streamlining data from all work units. In collaboration with the customer, we devised a strategy to meet the future road map. The solution enabled us to deliver 230+ new reports and 1581+ enhancements.
The BI factory had every BI work unit go through three primary phases as depicted below.
Our BI factory approach and methodology ensured that we:
- Performed initial assessment of requirements and clariﬁed all queries
- Ensured quality of deliverables by focusing on design, development and testing of work units
- Employed measurable metrics to collate delivery performance and quality related data at every stage of the work unit execution
- Improved predictability in pricing and budgeting through unit-of-work based model
- Ensured faster time-to-market
- Production ﬁx turnaround improved by 25%
- Enhancement turnaround improved by 40%
- New report creation time improved by 60%
- New universe creation time improved by 50%
- Certainty in operations with pre-deﬁned SLAs on quality and timelines
- Streamlined and improved service queue management with 100% tracking of service requests