My recent presentation at STARWEST on TestOps and dynamic test delivery platform seemed to strike the right chord with the testing leaders in the audience. I was able to use several CIOs and testing heads as a sounding board for the concept of such a dynamic platform.
Several CIOs and testing heads I spoke to agree that the way they are looking at testing is not the same anymore. They are seeing testing in a more transformational role offering cost and go to market advantage along with overall product effectiveness. The crux of their input was in two key things:
- SaaS and cloud-based applications are raising the need for seamless integration between development, release management, testing and operations teams. The pressure is on leveraging technology driven “shift left” methodology
- On the other hand agile and SaaS testing means continuous testing and a rise in costs
How do we address the challenge? Start thinking about TestOps along with dynamic test delivery platform. TestOps is becoming vital to have a continuous test delivery platform, which bundles SaaS and services adoption.
In my interactions with the testing leaders, all demanded the following from the dynamic test delivery platform:
- Ensure successful testing transformations and large-scale business as usual services testing
- Provide quicker access to test environment and enable effective collaboration between development, test and operations teams
- The tool and delivery platform agnostic with plug and play architecture should enable organizations to easily execute their end-to-end testing needs
- The best feature should be collaboration between distributed teams and broadcast of application health dashboards to everyone involved
TestOps with a dynamic test delivery platform is something that every testing team would expect especially when the future is in Cloud and agile.