Broadcast Operations on Cloud
Content and consumers will drive the business
Broadcasters are catering to an ever-increasing consumer demand for high-quality content which needs to be served at speed and scale across multiple devices and platforms. The launch of 5G services and improved fixed broadband infrastructure has further led to an increase in production and consumption of immersive content.
While broadcasters are spending billions of dollars on content creation and acquisition, they grapple with traditional content operations infrastructure which is non-scalable, fragmented and costlier to maintain and operate. Broadcasters require a robust Cloud strategy for faster channel roll-outs, scalable content delivery, better visibility to cost, and sustainable operations.
Mindtree enables broadcasters in their journey to the Cloud
Mindtree’s broadcast operations offerings on Cloud helps broadcasters who are a part of traditional SDI-based hardwired operations shift to the Cloud and embrace its benefits. Mindtree helps broadcasters build better visibility on Cloud and maintain operations, thus enabling them to focus on core broadcast business.
Figure 1: Mindtree's Broadcast Operations on Cloud Solution Blueprint
The Mindtree advantage
|Unified operations interfaces - A single portal for governance and operations across the content workflow
Global partner network - Access to Mindtree’s broadcast partner network covering the entire content workflow for Cloud-based solutions
Maximized automation - Increased automation in broadcast workflows using Cloud-ready frameworks
Work order driven workflow - Work order-based workflow orchestration to streamline operations
Unified communication and integration - Enterprise services bus for easier integration and unified communication among different components
The value Mindtree brings to broadcasters
- Faster channel rollouts - 50-60% faster channel rollouts through Cloud deployments
- Reduced cost of operations - 30% reduction in infrastructure & operations cost
- Accelerated Cloud onboarding - Accelerated & efficient Cloud on boarding
Mindtree has delivered great outcomes for its clients
- Live streaming support for the 2014 Winter Olympics on Azure, thus supporting millions of peak concurrent users across the globe
- Migrated 700+ digital properties to Cloud, bringing 30% cost savings for investments in new areas for a leading US-based food manufacturer
- Cloud strategy and migration for 150 applications impacting admissions, learning outcomes and alumni relations, eventually leading to 30% cost savings for a US-based Ivy League business school
Broadcasters: Unleash growth and agility with cloud-enabled operations
The broadcast industry is going through an aggressive pace of change across technology, business models, and consumer demand. With digital disruption and consumer device proliferation, over-the-top (OTT) providers are becoming mass market. To compete, broadcasters need to serve high quality content in high-deﬁnition/4K formats directly to millions of consumers across multiple TV platforms and mobile devices. This requires an agile and scalable infrastructure, one that only cloud can serve.