Cloud Operations for Media
Content demand leading to higher Cloud adoption
Media companies like publishers, broadcasters, cable networks, and OTT platforms are catering to an ever-increasing consumer demand for high-quality content which needs to be served at speed and scale across multiple devices and platforms. Companies are adopting multi-Cloud solutions, to serve high quality content directly to consumers on various devices at any time.
It is critical to efficiently manage multi-Cloud environments to streamline operations. There is a need to manage multiple workloads, minimize complexities arising from multiple Cloud toolsets, enhance security, and optimize Cloud costs.
Mindtree enables media companies to manage Cloud environments efficiently
Mindtree’s Cloud operations offering helps media companies in effectively managing multi-Cloud environments. Mindtree provides toolsets and frameworks for better governance, Cloud cost management and secured operations. Mindtree reduces human effort in Cloud operations with an automation-focused approach through bots, RPA, and test automation.
Figure 1: Mindtree's Cloud Operations Offering
The Mindtree advantage
|No Operations - Provides a non-intrusive transition from Cloud ops to no ops through operational excellence with self-healing and predictive healing capabilities, standardized infrastructure & automation-centric service delivery, thus enabling businesses to fund future investments
Platform-led delivery - Platform-led delivery bringing standardization, reliability and higher quality. Such platforms enable expedited timelines (CompassTM for Cloud migration and ATLASTM for transition), intelligent and automated Cloud operations (IntelyzersTM) and frictionless execution of the Cloud transformation (CAPETM, MVCTM).
Metrics-driven delivery - A robust framework with the right metrics to ensure health, adoption and success of Cloud operations. These metrics drive a culture of transparency, accountability and alignment to business needs.
Digital workforce - Automation-focused delivery using bots library, QA automation, scalable DevSecOps & intelligent monitoring
The value Mindtree brings to media companies
- Cloud experts & resources – Resources with multi-Cloud expertise with media & enterprise IT knowledge
- Partnerships & alliances – Active global partnerships with leading Cloud vendors
- Efficient service delivery – Automated and standardized service delivery through bots library, QA automation, intelligent monitoring and repeatable mechanisms
- Cloud transformation – DevSecOps-enabled path for continuous integration & delivery. New Cloud services through service management and delivery-enabled guidelines and SLAs
Mindtree has delivered great outcomes for its clients
- Live streaming support for the 2014 Winter Olympics on Azure, thus supporting millions of peak concurrent users globally
- Centralized monitoring & management of Cloud infrastructure, supporting 700+ digital properties, bringing 52% operational spend savings for a leading US-based food manufacturer
- Dedicated team to support 24X7 Cloud operations of 750+ digital properties on Azure, leveraging DevSecOps and automation, thus leading to 50% reduction in time to market for a multinational consumer goods company
How broadcasters, publishers and new media companies can efficiently manage their cloud operations
Media companies like broadcasters have been moving various content workflows like ingestion, management, quality assurance, editing and playout to the cloud. Through massive cloud adoption, media enterprises can onboard, engage and retain millions of viewers. However, managing multi-platform, multi-device cloud environments have become more difficult. This POV paper highlights how best media companies can efficiently manage their cloud operations.