The customer is a leader in devising and implementing ‘automated retail execution’. They provide next generation, world class mobile solutions for ﬁeld sales, marketing, merchandising and direct store delivery operations of consumer products enterprises.
- The customer’s business was destabilized when Microsoft shifted from Windows CE 6.5 to Windows Phone, as their offering was predominantly on Windows CE 6.5.
- There was a need for server reengineering to manage the future business and multitenancy.
- HTML5 was required for uniformity in client and web application, while supporting multiple devices.
- Ease of customization and ability for both multitenant and on-premise deployment was essential.
- A visioning exercise gave visibility and direction towards the SaaS based product roadmap and the set priorities.
- Different architectural options were analyzed and the one which aligned with the customer’s business goals and product roadmap was chosen.
- The multitenant product was engineered based on product vision and architecture guidelines.
- Multitenant implementation and integration with tenant provisioning tool enabled efficient tenant management.
- ‘Tenant aware services’ were introduced for easy customization.
- Customized UI controls (including jQuery grids) were developed to be used both on the desktop browser as well as client (mobile) devices, with priority on Android.
- Agile implementation approach enabled the business to give presentations / demostrations and to keep their customers engaged.
- Multitenant solution consolidated multiple customers on the same instance, resulting in effective client density per server instance.
- Enabled customer to add products to their portfolio and strengthen their market leadership.
- Offshore support signiﬁcantly reduced customization and maintenance cost thereby improving proﬁtability.
- Leveraging our expertise, a next generation product is being engineered to stay ahead in the market with multiple mobile platform support.